This will be a short post while I'm thinking about the topic. ;)
If you've read my previous post on The American Nightmare, you'll remember Jimmy. And you're going to assume that my opinion is that "if weed was legal we wouldn't have this problem." That is completely false.
If marijuana is made legal it would undoubtedly go the way of tobacco. 20 J's in a box for $5. Sounds orgasmic to some I know. However, and I will say this bluntly, if weed was legal Jimmy would have become a crack dealer.
I do not believe weed should be illegal at all. Yet in some ways I'm glad that it is. Your every day home grower or middle man could not compete with "Big Marijuana Company" and would sell other substances that are easily created or bought and sold. i.e crack cocaine or methamphetamine. Personally, I'd take a weed man over a crack pusher any day.
So please do not take the example in my previous post as a cry to legalize marijuana for this will have absolutely no effect positively or negatively on the state of The American nightmare. Weed will just be replaced with something far more hazardous to our society. Weed is a buffer.
No comments:
Post a Comment